Faculty of Arts, University of Groningen
Oude Kijk in 't Jatstraat 26
9712 EK Groningen, The Netherlands
News and Events
- I am invited to give a talk at the CLiPS Colloquium in Antwerp on June 26th: "The blessing and the curse of lexical information in author profiling"
- Training data for GxG is available on the website! GxG is the first shared task on cross-genre gender prediction for Italian, and will be organised at EVALITA 2018.
- Short Paper on Cross-lingual Gender Prediction accepted at ACL 2018 in Melbourne! Joint work with Rob van der Goot, Barbara Plank, Nikola Ljubešić, and Ian Matroos.
- On April 12th I have given a talk at the Education Festival of the University of Groningen. This video interview relates to the event:
- I was awarded a Fellowship for Innovation of Teaching for 2018
- PEOPLES 2018, the second workshop on Computational Modeling of People's Emotions, Opinions, and Personality on Social Media, will be co-located with NAACL 2018 in New Orleans, June 6
- I am the General Chair of *SEM 2018, the Seventh Joint Conference of Lexical and Computational Semantics, co-located with NAACL in New Orleans, June 5-6
- I am invited as plenary speaker at Language Technologies and Digital Humanities 2018, Ljubljana, 20-21 September, 2018
- I am invited as plenary speaker at the "Conference on Corpus technologies. Digital Humanities and modern knowledge" (ConCorT), Moscow, 26-28 October, 2018
Lecturer of the Year
I was elected as the 2016 Lecturer of the Year of the University of Groningen
I recently gave a TEDx Talk on Language, Humans, and AI, and how machines might challenge our stereotypical thinking